Dow Jones Risk & Compliance provides data solutions to help financial institutions and corporations comply with anti-money laundering and anti-corruption obligations and reduce third-party risk. The combination of Alessa and Dow Jones Risk & Compliance facilitates real-time due diligence screening in order to comply with regulatory mandates and better manage financial and reputational risks.
Topics covered within the Dow Jones Risk & Compliance service include:
- Global sanctions | People and entities subject to comprehensive or targeted restrictive measures
- Sanctions Control & Ownership (SCO) | More than 22,000 companies owned or controlled by individuals, entities or regions sanctioned by OFAC and/or the European Union
- Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) | Senior public officials and their relatives and close associates, with coverage of government officials across 22 high-risk job categories
- Adverse Media (on individuals): Special interest persons, including those involved in key criminal categories.
Why leading firms trust Dow Jones Risk & Compliance
- Secondary identifiers – 98% of profiles have one or more secondary identifiers (e.g., gender, image URL, date of birth) which reduce false positives.
- Consolidated profiles – A single profile for each individual makes it easier to screen, and eliminates the need to clear the same name multiple times.
- Curated content – A 450-person multilingual research team along with industry-leading data science and content strategies creates accurate profiles.
- Multilingual profiles – Profile data contain original script names and searches conducted in Cyrillic, Chinese characters and other languages can return results in English.
- Context – Profiles are assembled from and linked to trusted sources.
- Quality – Data is monitored and audited for accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
Benefits of using Alessa and Dow Jones Risk & Compliance
Use a single solution for compliance:
- Choose from on-demand, periodic or real-time screening options
- Incorporate results from risk screening into onboarding, transaction monitoring, risk scoring and regulatory reporting processes
- Use automated workflows and case management to drive and track investigations
- Maintain an audit trail of all due diligence activities for auditors and regulators
- Reduce workload and have a holistic view of risks across the organization
Enhance due diligence screening processes:
- Rely on advanced techniques to identify matches and reduce false positives
- Triage matches to quickly and easily confirm or dismiss prospects
- Match prospects by aliases, biography, nationality, date of birth and more
- Review entity connections, locations, key incidents (convictions/sentencing) and presence on sanction and watch lists
- Update risk scores with entity and transaction information for a risk-based approach to compliance
To learn how you can optimize your due diligence activities with Alessa and Dow Jones, contact us.
Simplify your due diligence process with Alessa. Download our due diligence screening brochure to learn more.