Identity Verification for KYC/KYB Compliance
Know who you are doing business with.
Alessa lets you confirm identities accurately and efficiently with a seamless process that can be customized to your specific needs.
Scoring customization allows you to determine which data is most relevant to your business needs.
Alessa is built to scale with your business
Your KYC and KYB programs need to meet the size, complexity and geographic reach of your business. Needs might change as you grow or as you include new products and services, so your AML program needs to grow with you.
Why Choose Alessa
Save time and resources
- One integrated solution for identity verification, screening and enhanced due diligence
- Incorporate results into transaction monitoring, risk scoring and regulatory reporting processes
- Automated workflows to guide investigations of suspicious activities
More effective processes
- Perform identity verification and screening based on fields customized for your organization’s needs
- Use public and proprietary data from Thomson Reuter CLEAR® to reduce onboarding time
- Quickly verify business relationships to avoid doing business with bad actors
Better risk management
- Create more comprehensive profiles for better overall risk management
- Make more informed decisions about entities with combined identity and risk scores
- Continuously update risk scores with transaction monitoring and link analysis information
- Highly skilled and trained team for implementation and deployment
- Collaborative, agile team model with dedicated Project Manager
- Regular touch base for lifetime of subscription, dedicated Account Manager
- Responsive troubleshooting
- Managed services available
Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
Better technology for deeper risk intelligence
Real-time risk intelligence during onboarding is critical to protect your business.
Our AML compliance software includes APIs for integration with your onboarding systems to verify identities and search sanctions, politically exposed persons (PEPs), OFAC, and proprietary lists in real-time.
Your CDD processes should also include periodic risk-based monitoring of the customer relationship to determine whether there are substantive changes to the original CDD information (e.g., change in employment or business operations)
Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD)
The details count
Enhanced due diligence has additional measures aimed at identifying and mitigating the risk posed by higher risk customers.
This allows compliance teams to go beyond simply checking whether an entity is on a sanction or watch list and get detailed background information on individuals and businesses based on comprehensive research by the Refinitiv team.
Customer Due Diligence (CDD)
Better technology for deeper risk intelligenceOur AML compliance software includes APIs for integration with your onboarding systems to verify identities and search sanctions, politically exposed persons (PEPs), OFAC, and proprietary lists in real time. Real-time risk intelligence during onboarding is critical to protecting your business. A good CDD process should include these seven elements:
- Full identification of customer and business entities, including the source of funds and wealth and beneficial ownership when appropriate
- Development of transactional activity profiles of each customer’s anticipated activity
- Definition and acceptance of the customer in the context of specific products and services
- Assessment and grading of risks at both customer and account levels
- Account and transaction monitoring based on the risks presented
- Investigation and examination of unusual customer or account activity
- Documentation of findings
Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD)
The details countEnhanced due diligence has additional measures aimed at identifying and mitigating the risk posed by higher risk customers. Enhanced due diligence (EDD) is a must for organizations looking to comply with anti-money laundering (AML) regulations, engage with new suppliers, vet parties involved in a merger or acquisition, or meet anti-bribery and anti-corruption obligations. Alessa offers the ability to automatically order EDD reports from Refinitiv directly from the platform. This allows compliance teams to go beyond simply checking whether an entity is on a sanction or watch list and get detailed background information on individuals and businesses based on comprehensive research by the Refinitiv team.
Schedule a free demo
Create a more comprehensive client profile for better risk management with Alessa.
Book your complimentary demo of our CID and KYC solution today.
The Importance of an AML Audit and How to Perform One
Learn how to complete an effective AML audit of your business and why it is vital to ensuring a properly functioning compliance program.
Annunzio-Wylie Anti-Money Laundering Act (1992): An Overview for Compliance Professionals
An overview of the Annunzio-Wylie Anti-Money Laundering Act (1992) for compliance professionals, and the requirements brought about by the legislation.
Account Takeover Fraud (ATO): Top Signs and How to Prevent It
An overview of account takeover fraud (ATO), including red flags and measures financial institutions can take to detect and prevent it.
Currency Transaction Reports: An Essential Tool for Combating Financial Crimes
Learn about Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) – their purpose, history, requirements, and how they help prevent financial crimes.
Vendor Due Diligence: What It Is and Why It Matters
Learn the importance of vendor due diligence (VDD), the VDD process, and best practices to ensure that your business partners are compliant and reliable.
Casino & Gaming AML Compliance
Learn how Alessa’s AML compliance modules can strengthen your gaming establishment’s compliance program.
Excellent tool for fraud prevention and risk management
I have worked with Alessa for years because of how useful it is to thoroughly analyze transactions and identify suspicious operations
– Jane Doe, Company ABC