Due Diligence Screening with Dow Jones and Alessa
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance provides data solutions to help financial institutions and corporations comply with anti-money laundering and anti-corruption obligations and reduce third-party risk. The combination of Alessa and Dow Jones Risk & Compliance facilitates real-time due diligence screening in order to comply with regulatory mandates and better manage financial and reputational risks.
Topics covered within the Dow Jones Risk & Compliance service include:
- Global sanctions | People and entities subject to comprehensive or targeted restrictive measures
- Sanctions Control & Ownership (SCO) | More than 22,000 companies owned or controlled by individuals, entities or regions sanctioned by OFAC and/or the European Union
- Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs) | Senior public officials and their relatives and close associates, with coverage of government officials across 22 high-risk job categories
- Adverse Media (on individuals): Special interest persons, including those involved in key criminal categories.
Why leading firms trust Dow Jones Risk & Compliance
- Secondary identifiers – 98% of profiles have one or more secondary identifiers (e.g., gender, image URL, date of birth) which reduces false positives.
- Consolidated profiles – A single profile for each individual makes it easier to screen and eliminate the need to clear the same name multiple times.
- Curated content – A 450-person multilingual research team along with industry-leading data science and content strategies creates accurate profiles.
- Multilingual profiles – Profile data contain original script names and searches conducted in Cyrillic, Chinese characters and other languages can return results in English.
- Context – Profiles are assembled from and linked to trusted sources.
- Quality – Data is monitored and audited for accuracy, timeliness and completeness.
Benefits of using Alessa and Dow Jones Risk & Compliance
Use a single solution for compliance:
- Choose from on-demand, periodic or real-time screening options
- Incorporate results from risk screening into onboarding, transaction monitoring, risk scoring and regulatory reporting processes
- Use automated workflows and case management to drive and track investigations
- Maintain an audit trail of all due diligence activities for auditors and regulators
- Reduce workload and have a holistic view of risks across the organization
Enhance due diligence screening processes:
- Rely on advanced techniques to identify matches and reduce false positives
- Triage matches to quickly and easily confirm or dismiss prospects
- Match prospects by aliases, biography, nationality, date of birth and more
- Review entity connections, locations, key incidents (convictions/sentencing) and presence on sanction and watch lists
- Update risk scores with entity and transaction information for a risk based approach to compliance
To learn how you can optimize your due diligence activities with Alessa and Dow Jones, contact us.